[MPlayer-users] encode divx4

Nicolas Brainez nico at nectarine.be
Thu Oct 24 10:49:02 CEST 2002

Hello,

I'm trying to encode a DVD to a divx mpeg4 on 3 pass :

mencoder -dvd 1 -ovc frameno -oac mp3lame -lameopts vbr=3 -o frameno.avi

-> works fine, I get an 60mb file with audio only

mencoder -dvd 1 -oac copy -pass 1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1230 -o movie.avi

-> works fine too, I get audio AND video in this file (in faq I've read that I'm supposed to have only video)

mencoder -dvd 1 -oac copy -pass 2 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1230 -o movie.avi

-> I get a 6Gb file (audio and video) !!

Where am I faulty ?

Thx in advance.