[MPlayer-users] Encoding multiple audio streams into one file

Haas Wernfried w.haas at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Oct 24 21:17:02 CEST 2002

hi,
On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 11:14:58AM +0100, gabor wrote:
> > I want to convert a DVD to a Divx AVI file. Is there a way to encode
> > multiple audio streams (languages) into the file with mencoder? I
> > haven't found this topic in the help files/FAQ.
>
> last time someone asked the developers said it's impossible to do with
> mencoder by now.... maybe you should try avidemux ( not sure if it
> handles multiple-audio ) or use ogm format ( and use moritz bunkus's
> ogmtools )
you could try the methods described in
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-August/019192.html
(you can of course read the thread around it ;) )
i tried both, the ogm method seemed to work better for me (just
personal experience) and seemed to work well on windows, too (which
i don't personally have here, so i don't really exactly know much).

btw: as there is no 3-pass encoding with ogg-audio, a 2-pass encoding
feature like something "my audio uses up 100 megs, calculate bitrate
to fit video+audio into XXX megs" would be great.
of course i do not know for sure if this is only an mplayer issue, as
the ogm-tools are involved too.
i also tried calculating it myself, but actually my calculations
always were +-10%, that's why i would find such a feature useful.

regards,
	wernfried

--
-> Fppmpppffpppmpfpffmffmppmpm Mfpmmmmmmfmm
-> fpp.mfpmmmmmmfmm at fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp
-> mfpfmpfmppfm://fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp/~mmmppmpppmpppppmffppfppp
-> http://www.namesuppressed.com/kenny/