[MPlayer-users] MPlayer v0.90pre9 too slow on my SunBlade 100

Cedric Nanni cedric.nanni at free.fr
Fri Oct 25 22:24:01 CEST 2002

Hi everybody,

I compiled (by using gcc 2.95.3 or 3.1.x) and installed successfully mplayer
on my Sunblade 100 (Solaris 8). When I tried to play a divx or a dvd I get a
message that say it is too slow. I tried to used openGL 1.2.3 and SDL (the
driver for x11 doesn't work on my computer) and for both I got the same
result: too slow. In order to get more power I installed medialib and I was
not able to compile successfully libavcodec because apparently there is a
assignement problem in the dsp_mlib.c file.

Is the problem related to the power of the Sunblade workstation?

Someone can help me to compile successfully libavcodec with the medialib
support?

Some can help to run successfully mplayer on my SunBlade 100?

Thank you for your help,

Cedric.