[MPlayer-users] vobsub subtitles without .ifo file

Sander Smeenk ssmeenk at freshdot.net
Sat Oct 26 12:21:02 CEST 2002

Quoting Piotr Krukowiecki (piotr at pingu.ii.uj.edu.pl):

> I have .idx and .sub files, but no .ifo file. Mplayer complains about
> not being able to IFO file, but i know that using vobsub filter you can
> use such subtitles on windows.
> Can i produce the .ifo file somehow?

You do not need it. For what I know, .ifo files contain information
about fontsize, fontcolour and stuff like that, and when you don't have
the .ifo file mplayer will use it's defaults.

Try mplayer -v -vobsub BaseNameOfSubFile -vobsubid 1 file.avi

Then quit mplayer and scroll back to the top of the output and read
what SID's are what languages...

Regards
Sander.