[MPlayer-users] Re: Tips for encoding

martin pavon martin_199ar at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Oct 27 19:22:02 CET 2002

 --- Rémi Guyomarch <rguyom at pobox.com> escribió: > [Automatic answer: RTFM
(read DOCS, FAQ), also read

> Try adding "vqcomp=0.7:vqblur=0.2:mpeg_quant" to lavcopts.
>
> Could you post a sample of the problematic scene somewhere (*not* the
> encoded version) ?
>
> --
> Rémi

Hi Rémi !!!!!
First, thank you very much for your quick answer and apologize me
for the delay!

I tried your suggestion and it improved the image a little ... but not
enough. I was playing with different options and I couldn't find the way.
 suppose that the vob is not so good (watching it in TV trough the
computer
 looks better than my endoding, but it isn't a lot
of better).

If you have time and want to play a while, I upload the scene to

http://mate.dm.uba.ar/~mpavon/tmp/

There you find dante-sample.vob (42mb !!!) and chocolat-sample.vob (26 mb)
I don't metion it before, but it has a cloud that give me some trouble
too.

By the way, is there a special difficult in encode clouds or smoke?
I remember I had troubles with Apocalipsis Now Redux in the scene of the
Kilgore attack.

Tanks again !!!!!

Martín

Ahora podés usar Yahoo! Messenger desde tu celular. Aprendé cómo hacerlo en Yahoo! Móvil: http://ar.mobile.yahoo.com/sms.html