[MPlayer-users] subtitle and gl error

Sipos Ferenc sferi at mail.tvnet.hu
Sun Oct 27 21:17:01 CET 2002

Hi!

I have made a comparison between xv and gl2 with the benchmark switch of
mplayer, and it showed that xv uses 80% of my system resources and 30 %
of the graphic card resources, and gl2 uses 30% of the system resoures
and 80% of the graphic card resources. My machine is athlon xp 2100+,
graphic card geforce 4 ti 4200. If I run background jobs, with the gl2
option mplayer plays smoother than with xv because of the 80% system
resources taken. Even if xv uses 800x600 and gl2 1024x768. That's why, I
would like to use gl2.

Paco