[MPlayer-users] Mplayer and tdfxfb

Michal Wisniewski michal.wisniewski at mzg.com.pl
Mon Oct 28 11:52:02 CET 2002

I've got a problem with mplayer on tdfxfb device. It works perfectly on
X11/xv, but I've got 3Dfx Voodoo Banshee card (AGP 16MB) so I decided to try
watching divxs on 3Dfx Banshee framebuffer.
I've got Linux Mandrake with 2.4.19 kernel. I compiled it with tdfxfb
support and set 800x600-75 -depth 16 mode with fbset. All virtual consoles
work perfectly on the device.
I compiled mplayer witch --enable-tdfxfb option, but when I try to watch
film: mplayer -vo tdfxfb /path_to_avi_film I can see nothing: mplayer shows
only progress in decoding video/sound, I can hear the sound but the video is
not visible. When I add -double option I can see something: black screen
with movie subtitles.
Question: how to use tdfxfb with mplayer?

Thanks in advance
Michal