[MPlayer-users] Cutting up .AVI's

Green, Shaun Shaun.Green at msfc.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 28 14:50:02 CET 2002

>I'm using Nandub under wine.(Crossover plugin, and I had to install divx
>5.02
>also. ) With Nandub I create divx-movies with ac3-sound that are playable
>for
>people with window$ also. I encode with mencoder, mux the video and
>ac3-stream and cut the movie with Nandub.
>
>--
>Øystein Olsen, oystein.olsen at astro.uio.no, http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio
>Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics, http://www.astro.uio.no
>University of Oslo, Norway

Well, I haven't had a bit of trouble with avidemux. I use it to do the same
exact thing, mux in the AC3 audio and split the avi into 700MB chunks for
CD-R's. They play fine on M$oft 'Winders'. But you have to compile and
install a52 libraries first, before avidemux.

I would like to be able to split correctly using mencoder, so that way it
would be faster and eliminate the muxing and splitting step all together.
But the problem is, for some reason, mplayer always puts a -200ms av desync
on every movie, and I can't find a parameter to correct the desync, so I
have to use avidemux for that.

Shaun