[MPlayer-users] [ANNOUNCE] MPlayer 0.90pre9 RedHat RPMs available

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Oct 29 00:25:02 CET 2002

On Tuesday, 29 October 2002, GrandMasterLee wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 06:43, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> > Oops, looks like I forgot. So here goes:
> >
> > MPlayer 0.90pre9 RPM packages are available. Download, test and report
> > back. And *read* that webpage, it really doesn't hurt and it'll save you a
> > lot of questions. URL below.
>

> I didn't particularly like the fact that alsa was *required* by the
> RPMs. I use XFS kernels, and unless the "alsa" enabled kernels are XFS,
> I can't use them.

Huh???
[dominik at rathann ~]$ rpm -q --requires mplayer | grep alsa
[dominik at rathann ~]$
[dominik at rathann ~]$ rpm -qi mplayer
Name        : mplayer                      Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 0.90pre9                          Vendor: The MPlayer Project
Release     : 1                             Build Date: Sun Oct 27 01:43:05 2002
Install date: Sun Oct 27 02:51:10 2002      Build Host: rathann.rangers.eu.org
Group       : Applications/Multimedia       Source RPM: mplayer-0.90pre9-1.src.rpm
Size        : 2300332                          License: GPL
Packager    : Dominik Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org>
URL         : http://www.mplayerhq.hu
Summary     : MPlayer is a movie player for LINUX.
[...]

Where do you see ALSA requirement?
Are you sure you're using *official* RPMs (URL in my sig and on MPHQ)?

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/