[MPlayer-users] Re: Using mplayer as an xscreensaver display program.

Jason A. Smith jazbo at optonline.net
Tue Oct 29 00:45:02 CET 2002

On Sat Oct 26 18:45:02 2002  "Attila Kinali" wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:14:45 -0400
> "Jason A. Smith" <jazbo at optonline.net> wrote:
>
> > #include "vroot.h"
> >
> > to config.h and recompiling mplayer.  Then I just added a line
> > like this to my .xscreensaver file in the programs section:
>
> Urgs... there should be no #include in config.h! Never!
> you can cause by this a lot of problems as config.h is included everywhere.
> The better way is to add another define there and check for it where you
> include vroot.h. I think the best place to include vroot.h should be
> somewhere in libvo/ (where all video output stuff belongs to).

Sorry, I really don't care where it is included.  My only point was
that a simple modification to the sources would allow mplayer to be used
as an xscreensaver display program.  It was necessary to me for something
that I am working on, so I just spent a minute to figure out what was
required to build an mplayer executable that would do what I needed it to
do.  I just thought I would post a message to an mplayer list in case
anyone else found it useful also.  I never ment for it to be the way it
should be done, it was just a quick hack to show that it could be done
with the simple addition of vroot.h to the mplayer sources, that is all!