[MPlayer-users] Encoding from .vob to multiple CDs

Frank Mehnert fm3 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Tue Oct 29 17:24:03 CET 2002

Hi,

to encode a video starting from a vob file in three passes I first encode
the audio track to get the recommended bitrate. Then I encode the first CD
using "-endpos=700mb". Finding the starting point to encode the second CD
is not easy since the "-ss <time>" switch of the mencoder seems to not work
precise. If, for instance, the first CD contains the first 60 minutes of
the video, I would guess to use "-ss 3600" for starting the second CD. But
in fact I have to use about "-ss 2300".

Question: Is that a bug or do I the wrong thing? Is there a tool which I can
use to encoding one vob file into multiple CDs using mencoder? If so please
give me a pointer.

I'm using the current CVS version of mplayer, the vob files where generated
by an older version of the dvdread package (play_title).

Frank
--
Frank Mehnert
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##