[MPlayer-users] mencvcd, is there a better way?

Herbie Hopkins Herbie at Hopkins.net
Tue Oct 29 19:14:01 CET 2002

I've been using the mencvcd script to create vcd's from various source
files. I've had varying degrees of success (mostly problems with
audio/video sync).

It seems to me that this script is a rather messy solution. Could
someone please explain why it is necessary to use mjpeg-tools in the
mencvcd script? why is it not possible for mencoder to directly generate
a vcd compatible mpeg file? We already have the ability to encode to
mpeg1 video and mp2 sound so would it not be too much more work to get
mencoder to output a stream that could be directly processed by
vcdimager?

thanks,
Herbie.