[MPlayer-users] RPM release of mplayer

Chittaranjan Mandal Chittaranjan.Mandal at cse.iitkgp.dhs.org
Wed Oct 30 06:20:02 CET 2002

Is it possible to have a regular RPM update of MPlayer?
Some bugs are regularly fixed and features get added regularly.
For example, a mms stream bug was recently fixed.

Also, I am using mplayer-0.90pre8-1.i586.rpm and
mplayer-common-0.90pre8-1.i586.rpm, which are rather old releases.
Somehow, the redhat rpms don't seem to install on mandrake, due to
strange dependencies.

It might be best if I can build my own rpm packages from the latest
release, but don't know how to do that.
Can I have the build instructions, or even better if those are made
on-line.

While http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/ is working,
many of the links from within the page to the same site are not.

-Chitta