[MPlayer-users] How to play YUV sequences with MPlayer?

Roger Pique Regi alpique at gps.tsc.upc.es
Wed Oct 30 12:01:07 CET 2002

Hi A'rpi,

> Hi,
>
> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > Hi
> >     I'm a newbie with MPlayer.
> >     Do you know how to play a YUV 4:2:0 file forma with MPlayer?
>
> it's a colorspace not a fileformat
>
> or do you mean raw yuv files, one for each frame?

Yes, raw yuv files, but with all frames in the same file. Some coders use
this type of sequences as input, for example the JVT reference software for
the emerging standard H-264 / AVC. I would like to visualize the original
and the decoded sequences.

> it is not supported, but shouldn't be hard to add to -mf code

How could I do this?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Best regards,

    Roger