[MPlayer-users] DXR3 Users please read

David Holm david at realityrift.com
Wed Oct 30 17:36:03 CET 2002

> > If you remove :prebuf it should use alot less cpu. But chances are it
> > will be jerky again.
> > Try running mplayer with a positive nice value... like nice 10 mplayer
> > -vo....
>
> it didn't helped!
> so if i not apply prebuf and sync it will eat all of my cpu?
>
> but if use this:
> mplayer -dvd 1 -vo dxr3:prebuf -nosound
> it plays very continuously and use 3% of cpu!
>
> maybe the problem is with the a-v sync code?

No, can't be, the sync code never locks up mplayer. The only thing that is
supposed to be able to cause a 100% cpu usage is :prebuf.

Are you sure you got your variables right, and no dxr3 settings in
~/.mplayer/config that affects it?
I had some guys on irc test this for me, none of them got more than 3% with
only :sync. And they get between 40-100% when adding :prebuf

//David Holm