[MPlayer-users] Problems Encoding A 130min movie

Alvaro Gonzalez tma4 at yahoo.es
Wed Oct 30 17:56:02 CET 2002

Hi,
I am triying to encode the episode I (practicing)
It is aproximately 130 min.
In the normal scenes there is no problem, but in the battles the quality is
very low.
I use this command lines for video:
mencoder -dvd 1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vpass=1:vbitrate=585
-oac copy -o epii.avi
and the same but vpass=2 for the second pass
In a forum people said to me two things:
First: They don't encode in less than 900 Kbits/sec
Second: Ask here for help

I have another problem:
In the second pass it has worse quality.

I am completely lost, ... There have to be any solution ....

Thanks for reading this :-)
--
Usuario de Linux # 274041
Vari