[MPlayer-users] Re: vcd on SCSI-CDRom and Trak-Select

Tobias Diedrich ranma at gmx.at
Wed Oct 30 22:12:02 CET 2002

Juergen Ofner wrote:

> 1. You now that vcd/svcd do crash on SCSI-CDRom's with a ioctl-Error?

I would not say "crash" and it depends on the CDROM:
It works flawlessly with my IDE Pioneer DVDROM and ide-scsi.
It works flawlessly with my Yamaha 4x SCSI CD Writer.
It prints lots of "CDROM (ioctl) reports ILLEGAL REQUEST" errors with my
SCSI Plextor CDROM.

Interestingly a strace reveals that the ioctl returns 0 and not -1 as to
be expected. It chokes on CDROMREADRAW, the error is printed in
linux/drivers/sr_ioctl.c and it should either return -EINVAL or
-EDRIVE_CANT_DO_THIS. Weird.

--
Tobias								PGP: 0x9AC7E0BC
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits