[MPlayer-users] Cachesize

Haas Wernfried w.haas at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Oct 31 11:21:02 CET 2002

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 02:26:19AM +0100, xeonit wrote:
> How i can find out what cachesize i can use, and what is the maximum usable
> cache size in mplayer, the size of my hard drive cache or the size of my
> physical memory?
use the trial & error method :)
increase the value for -cache until mplayer complains, which is
either "parameter must be <= 65536" or lower if you used up your memory
for something else. i usually use 32000 which is quite enough for
watching dvds.
cache always uses RAM and not the hard disk as this wouldn't really
speed up things.

regards,
	 wernfried

--
-> Fppmpppffpppmpfpffmffmppmpm Mfpmmmmmmfmm
-> fpp.mfpmmmmmmfmm at fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp
-> mfpfmpfmppfm://fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp/~mmmppmpppmpppppmffppfppp
-> http://www.namesuppressed.com/kenny/