[MPlayer-users] error running 0.90pre9 with freeBSD

Marcin Cylke marcin_cylke at o2.pl
Thu Oct 31 21:35:03 CET 2002

Hello
I've got a problem with running MPlayer on my FreeBSD box. I compiled
the "options USER_LDT" into kernel, compiled MPlayer (with configure,
gmake, gmake install) but when I want to run the compiled binary I'm
getting an error like this one bellow:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libusb.so.0" not found

I googled a lot but found nothing about this problem.
What should I do?

I tried building it staticly, but than again it gives me errors during
the compilation (about aalib and sdl). Disabling the options helps, but
I'm not getting sufficient performance:

X11 has no fullscreen mode
xv does not work - only audio, no video
gl and gl2 - are *very* slow - but, what is strange to me, the MPlayer
gives no warning messages "Your system is too slow" etc

and finally *Xvidix* I can't make it work. I have Ati Radeon 8500 card
and get the following output:

vo: X11 running at 1280x1024 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" => local display)
vosub_vidix: Couldn't find working VIDIX driver

Exiting... (End of file)

Thanks in advance
Bye