[MPlayer-users] working while dumping

Arnd Marijnissen grimm at cistron.nl
Wed Sep 4 13:00:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Jan Knutar wrote:

> > > However, now I have this crap i815e motherboard, and the burner
> > > shares cable with a harddrive, and now it seems that if even touch
> > > my mouse while burning at 4X, even if I had reniced's cdrecord to
> > > -20 (which I didnt have to do on the old trusty BX), it fails
> > > immediately.
>
> > Check your setup (old cable ?!), my i815 system can burn CDs at 16x
> > on a shared IDE port while the system does a lot of other stuff.
>
> It's an UDMA100 compatible cable....

Pffft...

I've burned CDR's on a DX4-100 at 4-speed while playing Quake (1)!
(granted.. that was on SCSI with Quake on another disk than the
ISO-image... but still ;)
Putting a burner on a seperate IDE channel should normally cure all your
IDE ailments, though... unless you've got little RAM and your ISO-image
disk is being hacked upon by swap-space requests... then all bets are off.

--
 A.P. Marijnissen