[MPlayer-users] Gnome2 "stay-on-top" window

Jonas Jermann jjermann at gmx.net
Wed Sep 4 22:23:04 CEST 2002

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 10:09:40PM +0300, Jan Knutar wrote:
> On Thursday 05 September 2002 21:54, you wrote:
>
> > a friend of mine was asking if it is possible to let mplayer create
> > or use a window which will "always-stay-on-top". He needs it because
>
> Hi, I use the sawfish window manager with Gnome, its window decoration,
> specifically a button in the titelbar, pops up a menu that allows me to
> select always-on-top behaviour for the mplayer window.

Afaik that's not the case for gnome2. Someone in the channel
told me to specify it in a configuration file and that it wasn't
visually configurable yet. I didn't check yet and donno much about it
but I think it's definitely a question to ask the gnome2 team
(IMHO). Maybe it can be done in a similar way as it was done
with icewm, would be nice to have.

Regards
    Jonas