[MPlayer-users] configure --enable-i18n vs. --language=xx

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Sep 8 00:05:57 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I couldn't find anything valuable about this in the DOCs or archive.. so I
> ask here. Can sb. tell me what the correlation between these two
> ./configure options is?

--language tells ./configure that use help_mp-XX.h where XX is language id
--i18n enables experimental gnu gettext support, but it has no any sense as
that code was not finished and afair has ben abandoned.
(there was a point when we wanted to switch from old help_mp-XX.h hack to
gettext, but we found it difficult and messy so stopped that and
fixed/workarounded the problems/limitations of help_mp thing)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team