[MPlayer-users] 1 st installation

Haas Wernfried w.haas at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Sep 8 11:59:01 CEST 2002

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 11:04:17AM +0200, Andrés Hermida wrote:
> Hi, I'm relatively new to linux and I've downloaded the source with the
> tar.tar extension and I don't know how to unzip it. I've tried tar but it
> doesn't work. When I did it with the X window it produces some directories
> with some unintelligible names. What do I do? Andrés

unpack tar.gz (i guess that's what you meant) with
tar xvjf MPlayer....tar.bz2

then enter MPlayer...dirname/ and follow the instructions in README.
if you are using pre7 you can skip step 1 (Installing FFmpeg libavcodec).

There was a quite nice guide for newbies on installing mplayer by
Farrell Farahbod, but i could not find it on the url he provided, seems
they are restructuring their website :-/

there are also rpms available for some redhat releases, maybe installing
them is easier for you.

regards
	wernfried

--
-> Fppmpppffpppmpfpffmffmppmpm Mfpmmmmmmfmm
-> fpp.mfpmmmmmmfmm at fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp
-> mfpfmpfmppfm://fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp/~mmmppmpppmpppppmffppfppp
-> http://www.namesuppressed.com/kenny/