[MPlayer-users] Matrox G400 TV out problem

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Sep 8 19:33:01 CEST 2002

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 02:04:04AM -0600, Jay Graves wrote:
> Thanks
> I assume the modes you posted go in the /etc/fb.modes file.  I backed up
> my old fb.modes file and then created a new on with just those two modes
> in it.  However I do not see any difference when I turn on the TV out.
> Is there some way I have to specify which mode to use?

Yes, the matroxtv script needs to be modified to use them... Or you
can just run fbset with them after using matroxtv script to setup the
dual head/tvout. Be sure to specify the right device /dev/fb0 or fb1
with -fb on the fbset command line. I think with the default dualhead
setup the script uses, it should be fb1, but you can experiment. I've
never used the script because it's for G400 (and +) cards with builtin
tv out and two crtc's, whereas I just switch a single output between
tv and monitor.

Rich