[MPlayer-users] VobSub Delay badly needed!!

Sean R. Lynch seanl at chaosring.org
Mon Sep 9 02:04:01 CEST 2002

Here's a script that at least produces syntactically valid .idx files
with resynced timestamps. It takes the basename of the new .idx files
and the start times of each clip (after the first one) as arguments. It
produces one more index file than the number of times you give it. If
you just run it with no arguments it'll give you usage info. Note that
it only splits the .idx files. I don't know if it would be possible to
split the .sub file, though it might be worth trying resyncing the file
offsets and just splitting at the beginning of the offset of the first
subtitle in the clip. MPlayer may not care if the .sub file has a valid
program stream header on it, though programs on Windows may care.

If splitting the .sub file this way works both on Windows and on
MPlayer, I'll go ahead and hack it into the script.

Let me know if it actually works for you at all. You'll need Python... I
think it'll work with 1.5.x, but I've only tested it with 2.2.

--
Sean R. Lynch KG6CVV  http://www.chaosring.org/~seanl/