[MPlayer-users] start gmplayer in windowed mode

Götz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Mon Sep 9 11:44:01 CEST 2002

Am Montag,  9. September 2002, 11:10:34 Uhr MET, schrieb Moritz Bunkus:
> I tend to disagree. gmplayer is just mplayer with the GUI enabled (what
> -gui was before), not a separate program. If you want mplayer to
> always start in full-screen mode why don't you add a global alias for
> mplayer? 'alias mplayer=mplayer -fs' I can't imagine that other
> settings would differ - you'll have the same output devices, the same
> font settings etc. A separate configuration file just for the
> fullscreen setting seems like overkill to me.

Hi,

I've disabled fullscreen in my Mandrake package by adding -nofs to the
gmplayer menu entry. After that I was asked by a Mandrake user why
typing gmplayer into the xterm doesn't start in windowed mode.

I still think setting the fullscreen mode via the gui and stored in
gui.conf would be a good thing.
--
   Götz Waschk <> master of computer science  <> University of Rostock
 http://wwwtec.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~waschk/waschk.asc for PGP key