[MPlayer-users] dumpsub question

martin pavon martin_199ar at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Sep 9 19:34:02 CEST 2002

Hi !!!!

I'm trying to dump the subtitle stream from a movie ripped in the HD.
I tried with

cat ../vob/007/apocalisis-00?.vob |mplayer -dumpsub -sid 2 -

But the mplayer exit with

Reading from stdin...
Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)    Detected MPEG-PS file format!
demux: file doesn't contain the selected audio or video stream
core dumped :)

Exiting... (End of file)

Obviuosly, I'm doing something wrong ... but what? I look in the manpage
(where the appears -dumpsub options) and in documentation.html and
encoding.html where there is nothing at all (at least grep dumpsub * don't
show nothing new) Please, can anybody tell me wich is the correct command
line?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Martin

PS: I'm not in the ml, cc to my address please.

Ahora podés usar Yahoo! Messenger desde tu celular. Aprendé cómo hacerlo en Yahoo! Móvil: http://ar.mobile.yahoo.com/sms.html