[MPlayer-users] gamma ajustment with mencoder

Christian Lambert clambert at sgi.com
Tue Sep 10 20:40:02 CEST 2002

I'm looking for a way to ajust the gamma while encoding
using mencoder.   I've found the npp filter called "al"
which does seem to help but I would like to be able to maybe
boost it a bit more.  I seein the help that you can control
the range but I can't seem to find the right syntax to use
to reduce the range from let's say 8 to 240.

al      autolevels                              automatic brightness / contrast
                        f       fullyrange      stretch luminance to (0..255)

I tried various combination like shown below, but I can't find the
right syntax it expects.

-npp f:8:255
-npp f=8..255
-npp f:8..255
-npp f:8,255

Is someone working on a gamma -vop filter?  I think that would be
a good idea if this -npp is not the same as gamma ajustment.  I'm not
sure if it can do the same thing or not.

-Christian