[MPlayer-users] Re: Multiple audio streams

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Wed Sep 11 12:33:01 CEST 2002

On 02.09.11 Jan Engelhardt pressed the following keys:

> >Virtualdub, the most used Windows tools for AVI creation, doesnt even give
> >you the option to add more than one audio stream, as its closely following
> >AVI specs.

AVI specs allow up to 99 audio streams. It's virtualdub that doesn't let
you put more than one audio stream, not the AVI specs.

> >Only modifications like nandub, being based on Vdub, allow for
> >that, and only for 2 streams.
>
> AFAIKnew, I thought Windows directshow codecs only play the first audio stream.

Well... It's worse. Windows Media Player (the one distributed with
Windows 98) plays all the audio tracks at once.

> >The better idea IMHO is to drop AVI as container for multiple audio streams,
> >switch to .ogm as container ( using Vorbis for audio of course and Moritz
> .ogg. Yeah. but "Tarkin", ogg video is in alpha stage, possibly even before
> that.

He means OGG stream with vorbis audio and directshow video[1] inside.
Look at http://tobias.everwicked.com/

Robert

[1] i.e. the same video you put in AVI files, be it DivX-3, DivX-4,
 DivX-5 etc.

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35