[MPlayer-users] compilation aborted with shared libavcodec

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 11 22:09:02 CEST 2002

> The problem is that you're trying to use a system-wide installed
> libavcodec rather than compiling it as part of mplayer, AND you've
> included liba52 in libavcodec. This will conflict with the copy of
> liba52 inside mplayer and cause linking to fail. Either (preferably)
> build libavcodec as part of mplayer (this will ensure that lavc cvs
> gets updated to latest version whenever you update mplayer, which is
> very good thing), or else build your system-wide copy of libavcodec
> without liba52.

System-wide are better, I think. This enable the to be used by every
application that needs it.
(NB: this is the thing that blocks m$'s Windows with bugs and bugs
becvause every app installs its version of the library without doing a
SIMPLE check ...)
So must I remove the liba52 directory ?
If so, another question points it out :
is the liba52 included in mplayer up to date ?