[MPlayer-users] dumpsub question

martin pavon martin_199ar at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Sep 12 07:17:02 CEST 2002

 --- "Sean R. Lynch" <seanl at chaosring.org> escribió: > On Tue, 2002-09-10
at 19:37, martin pavon wrote:

> Hmmm, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. Can you tell me what command
> line options you're using? It sounds like mplayer is still looking at
> the original .idx file, in which case splitting the .sub files wouldn't
> help at all.

Hi !!!

I did the following:

i) I've splited idx with
cat a-now.idx |.idx.py test 01:50:00:000

ii) I made a backup of the original a-now.idx and rename test001.idx to
a-now.idx, I placed this file in the same directory than a-now.sub
(there is a-now.avi too)

If I look in a-now.idx it looks right:

timestamp: 00:00:01:439, filepos: 0005da000

and the first line in the original idx bellow 1:50:00 is

timestamp: 01:50:01:439, filepos: 0005da000

iii) I tried wiht mplayer a-now.avi -vobsub a-now -vobsubid 0

The subtitle appears inmediatly ... Well 1sec and 439/1000 I guess, so
the time is right, but the subtitles is the first of sub, i.e
filepos: 000000000

I guess actually that there is something wrong in the vobsub mechanism;
it take in account the time information, but not the filepos:
it display from the first. In this case, if I could split the sub too,
I believe all work fine.

Thank you very much for your attention,

Martin

Ahora podés usar Yahoo! Messenger desde tu celular. Aprendé cómo hacerlo en Yahoo! Móvil: http://ar.mobile.yahoo.com/sms.html