[MPlayer-users] OGMtools 0.92 released

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Sep 14 20:08:09 CEST 2002

> Sounds Great ! I will try this !
>
> However one question comes to my mind: AFAIK ogm has a header for the aspect
> ratio of the video (i hope i do not confuse anything here....) , AVI has not

with mencoder+libavcodec CVS you can create AVI files with aspect
information (the aspect rate is coded in hte video stream, mpeg-4 (and h263.
mjpeg too) has field for this, just like mpeg 1-2).
ie aspect isn't stored in AVI headers but in mpeg-4 headers inside eh video
stream, so even the lame avi container can handle it.
(actually for mpeg 1/2, the aspect is stored in video stream too, not the
container PS/PES/TS mpeg header)
the mpeg4 iso spec contains this aspect stuff, but currently only mplayer
can play it :(

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team