[MPlayer-users] encode to mpeg1

Henning Hülsebusch h.huelsebusch at nwn.de
Sat Sep 14 20:47:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

i recorded an avi-file with xawtv. Now I want to encode it to a MPEG1-File for
writing a VCD.
I still have problems with the correct parameters. How to start mencoder
correctly ?
mencoder inputfile.....

BTW, my codecs:
video:

Available codecs:
   copy     - frame copy, without re-encoding. doesn't work with filters!
   frameno  - special audio-only file for 3-pass encoding, see DOCS!
   rawrgb   - uncompressed RGB 24bpp video
   divx4    - using divx4linux/divx5linux or xvid (depends on configuration)
   lavc     - using libavcodec codecs - best quality!
   vfw      - using VfW DLLs, currently only AVID is supported

audio:
Available codecs:
   copy     - frame copy, without re-encoding (usefull for AC3)
   pcm      - uncompressed PCM audio
   mp3lame  - cbr/abr/vbr MP3 using libmp3lame

Thanx !

Henning