[MPlayer-users] Re: X freeze only with 0.9pre7

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Tue Sep 17 16:20:02 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 15:40, POLACH Roman wrote:
> I have same problem,
> using Xfree driver: ATI Rage 128 AGP, Mandrake 8.1 +updated kernel +XFree4.2
>
> Mplayer 0.90pre6 was OK, with some build between pre6 and pre7 problem
> started.
>
> X freezes when I press "F" OR WHEN SEEKING too! (I have not net, so I must
> power down...

you should try to isolate the problem....

the easiest way is to use cvs......

so simply checkout a version from cvs with the release date of pre6, (
use the -D flag, like 'cvs checkout -D 2002-08-30 whatever')

compile/make/make-install

try... if it doesn't ( it should work ),
cvs update -D some-date-earlier, repeat-until-works

and now use 'cvs update -D some-date' to get a newer ( or an older )
version..... and try to find the day when it went wrong...

of course this means a lot of work + a lot of bandwidth ...

and when you have the day, simply go back a day, and then update to the
next day, and watch cvs output which files were updated... and you have
the candidates for the error....

bye,
gabor

--
That's life for you, said McDunn.  Someone always waiting for someone
who never comes home.  Always someone loving something more than that