[MPlayer-users] Re: Display ... VGA->SCART

Sala Riccardo sala.rky at tiscali.it
Wed Sep 18 11:07:02 CEST 2002

Josef Wolf wrote

>Is this a homebrew adaptor? If it is homebrew: would you like to share
>the circuit drawings and the software setup?
>
>I am currently considering a VGA->SCART adapter. IMHO this should be
>not very compilcated, since SCART can eat RGB. AFAICS the most
>complicated thing would be the XFconfig to meet the TV freq's.
>Second problem would be to choose good cable so the signal quality
>would not be hurt on the 15 meters from PC to TV :)

I've did one. Follow this link:
http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/vga2rgbs.html, and follow
the latest links that you find in this page.
It works quite well with Linux. I don`t remember where I've found the
modelines for Xfree, but if you need I could search for it.
There is a little problem, only TV-scart have RGB input, VCR doesn't
have, so you can't record your favorite screensaver.
Bye.