[MPlayer-users] frame selection/editing/stop-encoding

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Sep 18 18:54:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> But AFAIK this seek is in seconds. In order to get accuracy I have
> to specify the start and endpos in FRAMES.
> I also do not know how I can seek in frames forward and especially
> backward.
> (I know this is not easy but for editing it is essential)
>
> I need an exact cut.

you can't (and won't be able to) do this with mplayer/mencoder.
these are NOT video editing tools!

get broadcast2000 (cinerella now?) or mainconcept's actor...

i wonder why do people want to do everything with mplayer/mencoder.
there is a limited functionality, it won't do just everything.
even if it could be implemented, we won't, as it is not a goal.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team