[MPlayer-users] frame selection/editing/stop-encoding

Shaun Green shaun.green at msfc.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 18 19:53:02 CEST 2002

I couldn't agree more. MPlayer/Mencoder are the best video software
tools I've ever used, and any new functionality would only make them
that much better. As it is now, I still have to rely on "AVIdemux" and
"avisplit" just to get working split avi files that burn to CD's. And
these are extra steps that could be eliminated if Mencoder did
interleaving with AC3 and allowed splitting on filesize. It's the
FASTEST encoder of high quality I've ever seen; I encode on the average
at 25 fps a 23.976 fps DVD movie, which is faster than real-time all on
a 1.2 Ghz AMD Athlon with 256 MB of ram under Red Hat 7.3.

Shaun