[MPlayer-users] OGG seeking

Markus Liebl lieblm at troja.mayn.de
Thu Sep 19 14:07:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

when seeking in ogm files, after seeking sometimes the screen looks broken
until the next keyframe. It's as if mplayer didn't seek to a keyframe.

I use the newest ogmtools-0.93 version.

 * released v0.922
 - Changed the video packet output: each keyframe starts on a new
   OGG page. This improves seeking in MPlayer and enlarges the
   file only marginally (17KiB for a 700MiB file).

It improves the situation, but the problem remains. If I use the
C++ Windows Dshow Filter OggDS, it works perfectly in Windows.
Only mplayer have this problem/bug.

Bye,
Markus

--
            Jeder kann denken, aber vielen bleibt es erspart.