[MPlayer-users] -dumpstream ends with "core dumped :)"

Fedor Pikus pikus at speakeasy.net
Sun Sep 22 08:15:02 CEST 2002

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, Thilo Schulz wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 22. September 2002 00:42 schrieb Fedor Pikus:
> > The "core dumped :)" looks like a feature - mp_msg just gets called when
> > dumpstream is done, does not look like any condition is checked, or core
> > is actually dumped. Why is it done, and why the dump files have the CRC
> > error at the end?
>
> Have you ever heard about a thing that shall exist (in theory only .. and in
> rumours) that is called "a joke" ?

Ok, enlighten me then. What's so funny about writing out a corrupt file?
The "core" message may be a joke, but the CRC error is real, and there
is something wrong with the file at the very end. I tried to load it
into "DVD Complete", for example, and DVD Complete recognizes it as a
valid file and starts loading. but aborts at the end of the file. If I
run mplayer -dumpstream -chapter 1-1 the error is at the end of chapter
1, but if I do -chapter 1-2 then chapter 1 is fine and the error is at
the end of chapter 2, so there is something wrong with the way mplayer
finalizes and closes the file.

--
                                  Fedor G. Pikus
WWW: http://www.pikus.net/~pikus/