[MPlayer-users] Re: A/V sync problems

Robinson, Chad crobinson at rfgonline.com
Sun Sep 22 23:40:02 CEST 2002

> I just dropped into this list and saw this message.  I have an idea what
> the problem is, but you're not going to like it.  Does the problem
> show-up when you play for an extended period of time?
> So, how can software fix this problem.  You can but the audio drivers
> have to be changed to provide some additional feedback to the apps. I

This may be true, but I suggested a different/simpler solution a few weeks
ago, and never saw a response. I'd like to re-suggest it now.

About a third of the movies I watch show sync drift, even on a reasonably
beefy box for this kind of work. However, if I hit RWND then FFWD in quick
succession (leaving me at the same spot I was at), the audio is re-synced.

So the suggestion would be to do this invisibly, automatically, at a given
interval. The first question, of course, is whether this could be done
without a "hiccup" noticeable by the user.

Regards,
Chad