[MPlayer-users] Problem playing DivX video with Neomagic

D.L. Kefford dlk25 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 23 15:27:01 CEST 2002

Hi.

I have recently downloaded the latest version of MPlayer (0.90-pre8) and
downloaded the Neomagic xv driver. MPlayer builds without any porblems and
I can load X using the new driver fine but when I come to use MPlayer to
playback divx files using xv with the new driver I get problems. If I
playback with -vo X11 it works but is really slow. If I use the xv output
it doesnt crash but I get white horizontal lines on a black background
that get brighter and fainter but no picture, the sound works fine though.

I am using XFree86 4.2.0 in a resolution of 1024x768 in 16bit colour with
KDE 3.1 using gcc 2.95.4 and I have added the OverlayMem line to my XF86Config
file. It does this when played in a window but also does the same if I try
and play full screen. On another divx file I just got a black screen with
sound and no lines. I am guessing it is probably something to do with the
driver version I have but I am not sure. MPLayer doesnt crash I just get
no picture. I tried the fix mentioned about disabling Karts sound server
but that didnt fix it.

If there is any other info that would be of help let me know.

Hope someone can help, playing DivX and watching DVDs is the only thing
left that I need Windows for and I would prefer to be able to do it in X.

Cheers

Dan