[MPlayer-users] xv does not (down)scale dvds ?

Martin Emrich emme at emmes-world.de
Tue Sep 24 02:28:01 CEST 2002

Hi!

When I try to play a DVD at a given size (e.g.

mplayer some-dvd.vob -xy 640

), mplayer shows only the upper left part of the video instead of
scaling it down to 640x??? pixels. this happens only with DVDs.
upscaling is no problem, e.g. -xy 1280 scales it correctly.

Currently, when I want to use TV-Out, I use -vo x11, but then
I have some performance problems.

My Box:

Debian sid, Athlon XP1800+, Riva TNT2 w/TV-Out (Elsa) and nvidia
X drivers, SB live, XFree86 4.2.1-0pre1, Kernel 2.4.19,
MPlayer 0.90pre8

BTW, is there someone working on -vo nv-tv-out or something? ;-)

Thanks for any help!

Martin