[MPlayer-users] DPMS failure

JC Wong catalyst at gmx.net
Sun Sep 29 18:36:02 CEST 2002

Arpi wrote :

>> then both go and RTFB which vo,etc

Jeffrey Hammel write :

>>> I have tried -vo xvidix and -vo xv and observed this problem.  I can try
>>> more video outs if desired.  Also, type of file doesn't seem to make a
>>> difference.
>>> I quit prematurely, but again, this doesn't seem to matter.
>>> So mplayer says DPMS is enabled.  In fact, it says it twice.  I have a
>>> script called blank and noblank as follows which I use to control
>>> screen blanking for less enlightened apps (e.g. ogle).
>>> I cat both xset q output to samp1 and samp2 respectively, the
>>> difference?
>>> # diff samp1 and samp2
>>> timeout:  600    cycle:  600 ( before running mplayer ) &
>>> timeout:    0    cycle:  600 ( after running mplayer )

Same thing happen here but if I run gmplayer (gui),DPMS refused to
Enable back totally but no problem when running mplayer but 'timeout'
will reseted back to '0' rather then '600'.
So! the conclusion is I have to enabled back dpms and timeout manually
by 'xset s 600 dpms'.

CaT.
--
JC Wong,Singapore   http://polaroids.webhop.org/~catalyst