[MPlayer-users] window destruction and pausing oddities

Dave dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Mon Sep 30 06:36:02 CEST 2002

Two questions:

1) Why is it necessary for the player window to be destroyed at the end of
a file, even when the player is set to loop or is in GUI mode?  In the
former situation, this odd window behavior makes it impossible to play
short clips while doing other things because the player window jumps
around every time the loop goes around.  In GUI mode, there is an annoying
flicker as several windows seem to fight among themselves.  IMHO, the
proper way to have a clip terminate in GUI mode is to leave the last frame
in the player window.

2) I'm using SDL for output.  I pause the clip, then move the player
window somwhere else or switch to another virtual desktop.  Why does the
paused image stay in the same place on the screen hovering over everything
else?

--
David Griffith
dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu