[MPlayer-users] ENGLISH - problem with playing some magyar atv files

Levente -Levi- Littvay littvay at freemail.hu
Mon Sep 30 09:21:02 CEST 2002

HEllo

I've been trying to download and play files from magyaratv.hu, they are
wmv format (which according to the manual are supported)

Some I downloaded from the website work, some don't (audio only).  I
can't fugure it out...  The weird thing is that there is no
chronological consistency.  Some of the oldest files posted work, some
of the newest ones work too, but a couple just don't.  (so it does not
seem that they changed encodr or anything like that)  I have today's CVS
and brand new win32 dlls.

Please take a look at it and help me on this one.  I am faily detached
since I am in the US, but miss the Hungarian news/political life.

Here are some examples that DO NOT work:

ftp://m2.freeweb.hu/010_maganbesz/20824maganbesz.wmv
ftp://m2.freeweb.hu/009_klub/20830klub.wmv

Here are some that DO:

ftp://m2.freeweb.hu/009_skpentek/20816skpentek.wmv
ftp://m2.freeweb.hu/009_klub/20913klub.wmv

if you need any further info, let me know.

thx / koszi

Levente

PS.: :))  Yes - language detection is not perfect yet :))