[MPlayer-users] fullscreen

Samuel Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Mon Sep 30 11:06:03 CEST 2002

Chris Phillips wrote:
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> Not RTFMing. also not giving any useful information in your
> question...
>
> i'd *guess* you're using -vo x11 or something and not using -zoom.
>
> Read the manual!!

Please don't flame me for this suggestion, but are there any newbies
(including me) who would want to use -fullscreen without zoom?
I think zoom should be default if fullscreen is specified.

When people read "fullscreen" they are thinking of the picture, not the
border, so they naturally expect the picture to fill the screen, and are
surprised when only the border does.  Which is possibly even more surprising
if they are using SDL video output.

We've seen this confusion often enough here, what I say should be obvious
(and perhaps is).

Sam