[MPlayer-users] Problem with Fullscrean in mplayer-pre8: cannot exit fullscrean mode (xv)

Lishai Eitan lishai at hotpop.com
Mon Sep 30 15:38:04 CEST 2002

I have the following problem with the last (pre8) mplayer release:

after entering fullscrean mode, it is impossible to exit the fullscrean
mode.
upon pressing f when *in* fullscrean mode, the player exits the
fullscrean mode but immidiatly
returns to fullscrean mode. the only way to return to the desktop is by
exiting the player with 'q'.

the problem repeated with both -vo xv and -vo x11, with both the
open-source nv driver and nvidia's binary driver, when using gui and
when not using gui.

I am using mandrake 9.0, XFree 4.2.1, Gnome2 enviroment, kernel 2.4.19
(precompiled by mandrake).

i compiled mplayer with gcc 3.2 with --enable-gui

Sysinfo:
Amd athlon 900Mhz
320 RAM
nvidia geforce2 mx 32MB