[MPlayer-users] Questions about Cropping

Geoffrey Trexler skynet at charter.net
Mon Sep 30 18:24:02 CEST 2002

Hello,

I am trying to crop a DVD that I am encoding. It is in Widescreen format. So it has letterboxing. My biggest problem that I've run into is that I have no idea on how to use the crop plugin. Ok I'm wanting to re-scale the movie to 640x480, and also crop out 64 from the top, and 64 from the bottom. This will remove the letter boxing. So in window mode the size of the movie should be 640x352. However once I put this in fullscreen I would like it to retain it's aspect. So in other words at fullscreen the letterboxing should be there, but in window mode it should be cropped out. Does anyone know the correct values for me to put into crop?

I can do this using Avidemux, but I have to completely re-encode the .avi all over again. I'm trying to avoid this step. Also since I have no idea of what crop=w:h:x:y means, maybe could someone explain this to me?

Geoffrey