[MPlayer-users] Subject: rc5 audio tests w/ surround 5.1 + 6 channels + alsa 0.9.2

Vladimir I. Umnov samba at ezmail.ru
Tue Apr 1 15:39:04 CEST 2003

Hello, Luis.F.Correia.

LFC> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
LFC> What kind of card do you have?

LFC> A Creative Labs Live?
LFC> Then the only thing you will need is the '-channels 6'.
No. I have SBLive 5.1 SB0100. This model doesn't work with 6 channels
under linux neither with native creative oss driver nor with  alsa-oss
emulation (I use 0.9.1 now). There is only way to produce 5.1 sound -
is to use "-ao alsa9:surround51".
But with medium throughput in ide, channels swapped and sometimes
appears strange-mixed (last happens rarely).
Only "-channels 6" give muted LFE&Center. "-channels 4" work fine.