[MPlayer-users] [bug]: fullscreen mode issues with gmplayer (0.90rc5)

Dan Naumov dan.naumov at ofw.fi
Tue Apr 1 18:51:21 CEST 2003

Hello

I've recently noticed the following problem with gmplayer:

If I start gmplayer and press the "f" button before pushing the "play"
button, gmplayer will succesfully go into fullscreen mode and pressing
"f" again results in gmplayer going back into "normal" mode. This works
as expected. However, if I open gmplayer, load a video file (I tested
this on several DiVX AVIs), press play, then things go wrong.

Pressing "f" during video playback causes the screen to "blink" as if
gmplayer tried to capture the entire window, but failed. However, if I
HOLD the "f" button for 1-2 seconds, the screen will blink like mad, but
gmplayer will eventually go fullscreen. The exact same problem appears
when trying to go from fullscreen mode back into normal: only holding
the "f" button results in the desired action, accompanied by mad screen
blinking. This behaviour is also not renderer-dependant, as I it happens
with both -vo xv and -vo x11.

What makes me wonder the most is that not only this is a gmplayer-only
issue (this behaviour does not happen in regular mplayer), but the fact
that I can go into fullscreen and back using the right-click menu, which
works just fine. Only the "f" button seems to be somewhat "broken".

Here is my enviroment:
MPlayer 0.90rc5-3.2.1 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy

FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE-p7 i386
XFree86 Version 4.3.0 (Driver "nvidia)
Fluxbox 0.1.14 : (c) 2001-2002 Henrik Kinnunen
hw.nvidia.version: NVIDIA FreeBSD x86 nvidia.ko Kernel Module  1.0-3203
gcc version 3.2.1 [FreeBSD] 20021119 (release)
GNU ld version 2.13.2 [FreeBSD] 2002-11-27
GNU assembler 2.13.2 [FreeBSD] 2002-11-27

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) processor (1400.06-MHz 686-class CPU)
Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0x644  Stepping = 4
Creative GeForce4 Ti4200 video card